We’re leading the way in defining what the metaverse can be. This is where you get to explore interconnected, immersive, exciting worlds that have never been seen before and where you decide what the future looks like. Are you ready?
You will be part of the Metaverse Solutions group, the premier organisation for servicing and solving the problems of our metaverse. You will be working alongside experienced game developers familiar with all aspects of the game development lifecycle, including production, art, design, technology and operations. You will be working with notable names from the industry who are our partners and customers. As this is a growing area of Improbable, you will be directly involved in shaping both the technical and commercial direction of how metaverse experiences are developed and launched.
- Being focused on managing the team daily delivering high quality game features.
- Good self-starter instincts and an ability to work with little to no oversight.
- Have heavy involvement in the creation of game designs, design processes, pipelines, and discipline.
- Give constructive critique on the quality of the gameplay.
- Manage the discipline expectations of the design team and ensure they are being delivered upon.
- Manage the design team to create consistent, high quality designs/implementations that don’t block or reboot other departments, all within industry standard timelines.
Why You’re Made for This:
- Work closely with the Creative Director on transforming visions to deliverables.
- Day to day management of the team to deliver exceptional quality design and experiences.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the design department
- Skilled in designing and documenting core-loops features, and limited-time events within a multiplayer context.
- Flash out high level designs into design specifications, implementable features and its maintenance.
- Experienced with managing senior and junior designers across multiple design disciplines (e.g. level design, technical design, progression, single player, multiplayer, etc.).
- Report on (and represent) design effort and progress on own project(s).
- Analyse workload and productivity, flag issues and provide solutions.
- Communicate well-considered, accurate delivery timescales for the team, and can anticipate where issues may arise ahead of commitment.
- Excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology.
- Experience with Unreal would be preferable.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed