At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the role:
As a Lead Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams that are involved in different stages of a game development life cycle: prototyping, full production, co-development, live ops, platform conversion etc., targeting the overall production of games through cross-platform game engines.
What will you do?
- Participate in customer-facing meetings to gather technical requirements and details.
- Evaluate technical documentation or software provided by customers.
- Build technical proposals of the solution with team composition, task breakdown and delivery timeline.
- Compose proposal documents including the estimation and all assumptions considered for it.
- Review the technical architecture for the projects developed by the engineering teams you are supporting.
- Act as a technical advisor for Game development teams involved in – internal and external projects.
- Act as a technical lead for certain projects where your expertise is the best fit.
We are pretty sure that you will not:
- Code day by day, side by side with the teams – although technical involvement is required.
- Manage the schedule or the prioritization of backlog, although you will advocate the inclusion of technical tasks / best practices in the product backlog.
- Strong over-the-board technical knowledge.
- Experience with: Unity, C#, vector math, web platform, iOS, Android.
- Interest for and knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Gaming and Non-gaming software development experience.
- Strong soft skills and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Very strong English skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with C++ and Unreal.
- Backend development expertise.
- Good command of mobile development IDEs: XCode, Android Studio.
- Experience using other game engines such as Unreal, CryEngine or proprietary C++ engine.
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs
Location: Hybrid Remote<span>,</span> Guadalajara, Jalisco