Wargaming is looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Game Engine Development team. This position includes working on the development of a cross-platform game engine which is written in C++.
What will you do?
- Lead the team up to 7 engineers.
- Implement new and improve existing features in game engine.
- Refactoring, code optimization, fix bugs.
- Integration and support of third-party libraries.
- Performance and memory optimizations (client, editor).
- Creation of tech documentation.
- Collaboration with game product team and QA.
What are we looking for?
- Strong technical background.
- Have an experience in leading teams.
- 3+ year of experience in commercial C++ development.
- Experience in any graphics API (DirectX, Vulkan, OpenGL).
- Experience in writing shaders (GSL, HLSL).
- Basic knowledge of linear algebra (vectors, matrix, quaternions).
- Experience in creation of own 3D demo applications or creation of own engine.
- Knowledge and experience in working with debugging and profiling tools (Nsight, Renderdoc, PIX etc.).
- Understanding the graphics pipeline and GPU architecture.
- Practical knowledge of DirectX 11/12/Vulkan.
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Have released game titles in CV.
- Knowledge and experience in “Entity Component System”.
- An intermediate level of English.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.