Lead DevOps Engineer
The Engineering Velocity & Enablement (EVE) team is responsible for enabling our engineering teams to be effective at developing and deploying this pioneering simulation capability in close collaboration with customers and partners. The team innovates on tooling and processes to improve productivity and effectiveness of the engineering teams.
Areas for Impact
- You will work with engineers (both internal and at partner organisations) to improve their workflow through tools, services and automation
- You will maintain infrastructure as code to support our engineering teams
- You will collaborate with the platform, customer and partner teams on the deployment, release and operate processes of the platform into internal and customer environments
- You will champion and develop engineering best practices
- You will work with our customers to deploy onto their environments, and ensure that our software remains stable and healthy once deployed through the provision of tooling
- You will review Platform Architecture with an eye towards reliability, stability, scalability, security, redundancy and deployability across all target environments.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have experience working with systems running on Unix/Linux
- You have developed debugging and triaging skills in order to investigate issues and escalate with the appropriate teams
- You are familiar with common OSS cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- You have used configuration management tooling (e.g Ansible) in order to setup infrastructure and manage changes
- You have experience with developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Buildkite, Teamcity, Jenkins) to facilitate automation of the SDLC
- You have run systems on cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- You have worked in a production PaaS environment
- You have supported build systems (Bazel, Gradle etc)
- You are familiar with modern infrastructure tooling and best practices surrounding deployment and running production systems in a secure and tested manner.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20