Lead DevOps Engineer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to take our services to the next level.
In this pivotal role you'll manage Remedy's DevOps team to create, deploy and maintain a wide variety of services for both Remedy's internal teams as well as external partners.
What you get to do
- Manage and develop Remedy's DevOps team and its capabilities
- Drive team's delivery according to defined priorities
- Communicate team's progress to stakeholders
- Highlight and help solve any impediments impacting team's deliveries
- Improve existing CI/CD pipelines of multiple games, tools and services
- Enable internal teams to deploy their services to cloud and on-premise environments
- Contribute to company-wide initiative to open access to studio's game development environment, tools and pipelines for Remedy's external co-development partners
What you bring to the role
- Experience in leading, managing and mentoring high performance engineering teams
- Experience in setting up and managing CI/CD practices in complex environment
- Experience in deploying and running software in cloud
- Ability and willingness to work in both Windows and Linux environments
- Ideally, you also have solid programming skills in either Python, C++ or C# (at least basic understanding of all three languages is beneficial for succeeding in this role) and experience in game development and/or background in game industry
What's in it for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Apply for this job
Location: Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Date posted: 2022-01-20