ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Concept Artists at Splash Damage are the talented individuals who translate ideas into tangible designs that inform the aesthetics of the worlds that the player will eventually move around, the characters they’ll meet and the props that they might wield.
We trust our Lead Concepts Artists to manage, mobilise and mentor their teams. They are critical in establishing the pipelines and processes for the Concept team as well as setting the quality bar for others to follow.
Splash Damage is looking for a generalist Lead Concept Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Work with Production to prioritise and plan the project’s concept needs.
- Provide and sanity check task estimates and scope.
- Review the Concept team’s output, giving constructive feedback.
- Work with the Art Director and other Art Leads to maintain high quality visual designs in keeping with the projects visual direction.
- Set quality expectations and provide visual benchmarks.
- Coach, mentor and develop the team ensuring their growth as a unit and as individuals.
- Delegate and assign work to team members.
- Work to highlight and mitigate any issues that put the project at risk.
- Collaborate with other sub disciplines to ensure that signed off designs translate effectively into the game.
- Maintain a healthy creative team culture.
- Strong leadership and empathetic people management skills.
- Expert ability to analyse and translate Art Vision into reality.
- The ability to align taste and expectations with Vision holders.
- An up-to-date portfolio with examples showing complete ideation processes.
- A grounding in traditional artistic skills with a demonstrable application of composition, light and colour.
- A strong sense of silhouette, form and proportion.
- Skills in rendering convincing surface material types.
- Proficiency with industry standard painting software such as Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mind set.
- A professional approach to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of video game pipelines and processes.
- The ability to create sequential art and storyboards.
- Basic hard surface 3D skills with Blender, SketchUp or other industry recognised applications.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed