WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role you will work directly with the art and design departments to help our team create and quickly iterate on exciting, purposeful characters that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, leadership experience, and a clear rendering style in designing characters. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience as well as have experience creating stylized to semi-stylized concept content.
In this role, you will
- Create characters, enemies, and environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team
- Based on visual direction from the Art Director, collaborate on the visual style and ensure our designs are of the Epic quality bar
- Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters
- Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule
- Create alternate skin designs for approved hero characters
- Partner with other departments such as Character Design or Modeling team, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow
What we're looking for
- Ability to help mentor and coach a growing team of artists
- Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward looking characters
- An eye for modern fashion-forward aesthetics that speak to our audience of teens and young adults
- A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
- Experience creating mechanical designs
- Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- User-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States