Our art team at Creative Assembly is looking for an amazing Lead Concept Artist to work in-house and help us bring a vast fictional world to life. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Concept Artist to come on board our exciting new project and assist in shaping our vision of its setting.
To excel in this role, you will have exceptional skills both in drawing and painting that serve to the demands of different art tasks, you will be flexible on refining your art style understanding the modern game art trends and having strong design skills and great imagination.
Please note that applications for this role must include a portfolio and applications without such will not be considered.
As a Lead Concept Artist on the project, you will work with the team to develop and shape an immersive experience for our players to enjoy! You will be an experienced artist who has a highly developed understanding of concept art and visual design. Good organisation, time management and prioritisation skills are key to this role.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Lead a concept team with passion and enthusiasm
- Work closely with the Project Art Director, Concept Art team and Lead 3D Artist to design and illustrate architecture and/or characters that not only look excellent but will also work well as 3D models in our game engine
- Consult widely to gather concept requirements, working closely with Production
- Provide effective direction and feedback to experienced artists and mentor developing artists
- Communicate effectively, present ideas confidently and champion the look of the project across the team
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a solid grasp of visual, and concept, design
- An excellent comprehension of composition, colour, and lighting
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A self-driven attitude and the ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- A Team player with good communication skills, and a positive outlook, able to collaborate and work closely with all development disciplines
- Knowledge of the 3D modelling software and pipelines
- Experience and passion for working in games
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for five consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Additional medical and dental health insurance for you, your partner and kids, life insurance, and free health care screening
- Additional holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all Bulgarian Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, soft drinks and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Office massages
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer and Christmas parties, Children’s day party, wrap parties for game releases
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed