Following the incredible success of Sumo Pune, which since its founding in 2007 has grown to over 150 talented team members across a myriad of disciplines, Sumo Digital is opening a new studio in Bangalore to support the development of some of the most exciting video game projects in the world.
Sumo Bangalore is a new studio that will play a key part in the co-development of multiple AAA console titles across Sumo Group. We are looking to hire key specialists across Art and Engineering to join the Sumo India family.
As a Sumo Digital studio, Sumo Bangalore joins an award-winning family of international studios. Previous titles developed by Sumo Digital include the BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
We’d love for you to join us as we continue our journey with the launch of Sumo Bangalore.
We have an amazing opportunity for a highly creative Character Lead to join our Bangalore studio where they will have the opportunity to showcase and grow their skills within a seasoned and proven team. This fantastic opportunity to influence, define and manage the character pipeline of large, genre-defining AAA titles is one not to be missed. It will give the successful candidate an opportunity to join the Bangalore team in the early stages of growth, allowing them to really make a difference and help inform and develop the toolsets and pipelines for the studio.
You need to have a wealth of experience and impressive track record backed up by a body of work demonstrating your highly creative approach. A passion for developing realistic & stylized game characters for upcoming AAA games.
Within this role, you will:
- Develop, manage, and maintain a class leading character pipeline and team.
- Work closely with art directors, art managers and production to deliver high-quality characters.
- Lead responsibilities such as mentoring, scheduling and R&D into new approaches.
- Provide detailed input during the character creation process from initial concept to final in game character.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the studio.
We will need you to have:
- Should have excellent knowledge of 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- Strong understanding of Anatomy
- Strong understanding of current generation character creation workflows.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR workflow and procedural software’s such as Substance Painter / designer and Quixel DDO
- Ability to adapt to various art styles
- Strong portfolio demonstrating in game character art work to very high standards
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Should have at least 4 years of experience creating characters for console games
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What we offer:
· Flexible working hours
· Group Health Insurance Policy – Self, spouse and children covered up to 6 Lacs.
· Term Insurance – 4 times of current CTC
· 21 days of paid holidays with four statutory days,
· Five Learning days each year,
· 4-weeks paternity leave, 6 Months Maternity leave.
· Arrangements for bereavement, adoption and sabbaticals etc.
· Monthly snacks amount top-up to your Sodexo card.
· Competitive bonuses
· Relocation Assistance
· Industry-leading recruitment Referral Scheme
· Special Occasion Celebration & Celebration vouchers
· Timely care packages
· Regular socials including: Movie nights, online watch parties, dinner parties, an invite to the much-loved ‘Sumo Big Day Out’ for you and your family.
· Employee Assistance program
· Gaming Events and activities include team lunch/ team dinner.
· Recognition of service length awards.
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo Digital, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed