at https://skyboxlabs.com/careers/ SkyBox Labs is looking for a Lead Character Artist to join their Pitch team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in 3D character modelling, and have professional experience working on AAA games with realistic visuals. They should be comfortable with various software including Zbrush, Maya, and Substance Painter, and have experience leading a team of Artists. This role will involve designing and creating high-quality, fully textured 3D characters for a realistic game environment, and working heavily on humanoid characters while participating on hard surface and animal models as needed. The successful candidate will be a key communicator and point of contact within the game team, the studio, and with external partners, and will be responsible for managing the team's schedule and deliverables. SkyBox Labs offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and a supportive Parental Leave policy. Candidates must reside in Canada or be willing to relocate.
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as co-developers on Halo Infinite and projects in the Minecraft Universe, as well as supporting the development of Fallout 76, and developing our own internal IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects!
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Looking to create a character that is revered by all? SkyBox Labs is excited to be adding a Lead Character Artist to our Pitch team. Joining the team in the early phases of development, you will be a pivotal part of the creations and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond.
The person who is best fit for this role will be a well-rounded character artist who has strong experience with realistic humanoids in AAA games but doesn't shy away from animal or hard surface models either. They will enjoy the challenge and thrill that comes with original IP and will not be afraid to jump into this exciting journey with two feet.
We are looking for someone who leads by example. A skilled Character Artist with a knack for coaching, mentoring, and communication. If you’re interested in putting your creative skills and expertise toward new Original IPs, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- Be a hands-on leader of an experienced team of Artists
- Design and create high-quality, fully textured 3D characters for a realistic game environment
- Work heavily on humanoid characters; while participating on hard surface and animal models as needed
- Support a game team in all areas of character art modeling from beginning to end of development
- Leverage your years of experience to create new exceptional high-quality 3D character modelling
- Be a key communicator and point of contact within the game team, the studio, and with our external partners
- Work collaboratively with the Producer to manage the team's schedule and deliverables
- Problem-solve and plan out 3D character modelling for optimal results for yourself and your team
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- At least 5+ years experience working in 3D character modelling
- Experience leading a team of Artists
- Professional experience working on AAA games with realistic visuals
- Proven experience creating top-quality realistic humanoid character models
- Comfortable with various software including: Zbrush, Maya, and Substance Painter (Marvelous Designer is a plus!)
- Some professional experience working on hard surfaces
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Please note, only those who submit a portfolio of 3D Character Art will be considered for the role. We are interested in seeing your versatility and realistic humanoid characters. We are also happy to view the diversity in your skill set, with proven skills in animal modeling, hard surface models, and other subspecialties.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-01