Ramen VR is looking for a Lead Backend Engineer who will be responsible for designing and maintaining our game’s backend services such as the account portal, login/authentication servers, analytics/logging servers, and more. You will work with the production team to execute product specs with minimal review and oversight.
- Design and develop highly scalable, available, and reliable backend services to support daily activities.
- Be a technical feature owner, working with designers and engineers to gather requirements and build high performance services.
- Monitor performance of technical solutions and optimize systems where necessary.
- Identify and debug issues with backend systems.
- Demonstrate excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing requirements during game development.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years experience building and working with reliable, highly available, and scalable backend systems.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Experience with our tech stack including C#, Typescript, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases such as SQL and Redis.
- Strong communication skills, especially in remote environments.
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy.
- Experience developing MMO services.
- Experience with Unity game engine.
- Experience working in a cloud-based platform such as Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Digital Ocean Platform.
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed