JOB TITLE: Lead AI Engineer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
Got what it takes to produce a cutting-edge AAA title? Be part of our passionate team and strive for excellence. Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned and passionate lead engineer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to work with like-minded professionals to create a new chapter of the Mafia franchise. Develop, write, plan, and orchestrate code for the AI on next-generation Unreal Engine.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the development of AI systems and algorithms using Unreal Engine 5
- Collaborate with game designers to design and implement AI behaviors that create challenging and engaging gameplay experiences
- Develop and maintain AI tools and systems that can be used by the game design team
- Evaluate and incorporate ideas and techniques from previous Mafia games
- Mentor and manage AI engineers while also help hire new team members
- Work with the production team to ensure AI development aligns with project timelines and budgets for a high-quality AAA game
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- A good track record of leading a team of engineers
- At least one published title in a lead or senior AI engineering role
- Strong C++ and software architecture skills
- Good Unreal Engine knowledge and familiarity with its shortcomings
- Experience with decision-making systems including but not limited to behavior trees
- Knowledge of multi-platform technical requirements
- Excellent communication skills
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK), working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment. At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional. We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible, Where your inquisitive nature is nourished — A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be. So bring your talent, Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity, And together, we’ll Bravely Create
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom