About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and our teams have access to working patterns that work for them
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- On-site and Hybrid working patterns help us spend the right amount of time together
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
What we are looking for:
You excel at:
- Setting clear technical direction, intent, and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Working closely with project leadership to plan long term road maps and improve development processes.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead an AI development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing AI features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design to planning and establishing roadmaps, implementation, and bug-fixing.
- A strong understanding of AI behavioural & navigational techniques used in modern games.
- A strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies.
- Experience working closely with design teams and leadership to elicit requirements and help shape great AI-driven game experiences.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Xbox Series, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience in animation programming.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom