Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
Skydance Animation Studios is seeking a Layout Technical Director to collaborate with Layout Artists. As the Layout TD, you will help the team with pre-visualize sequences, setting up the files and solving technical and creative problems.
- Set up files for the Layout Artists and work with the team.
- Model low polygon objects and solve technical problems innovatively.
- Make simple rigging systems and create FX for previs, paying attention to detail.
- Work with internal tools to publish the shots.
- Follow the procedures and requirements of the studio, production and pipeline.
- 1+ years of professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and animation- Python scripting a plus.
- Demonstrable artistic skills, exerting a strong sense of composition and perspective.
- Strong understanding of cameras, staging, composition, pacing, timing, general film-making concepts, both in animation and live action contexts.
- Comfortable creating basic assets.
- Strong communication, problem solving and collaboration skills.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed