Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We're looking for web developers to join our Web and Business team and help develop our growing portfolio of web sites hosted on public cloud services.
The successful applicants would work in an enthusiastic, agile environment across a range of new and existing web projects and will be able to expand their skills and experience by working with a variety of technologies, languages, applications, servers and databases.
Prior experience of being employed with server systems or in the games industry is not necessary, we are looking for applicants that can demonstrate they are keen to learn, develop and code.
This role offers a great chance to explore a variety of technologies and server software for a someone in the early stages of a career in web development, with lots of opportunities to work on well-executed products and services.
- Help develop high performance, high availability websites and applications to market and support our growing catalogue of games
- Assist with server operations tasks using public cloud services
- Help debug and maintain existing web projects
- Self motivated and inquisitive
- Enjoys building
- Work collaboratively with the Web and Business Systems team and other stakeholders to deliver high quality websites, tools and associated systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- A quick learner who is willing to adapt to new tools and frameworks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline such as Web Development, Computer Science, Math's, Engineering or a strong portfolio of project work
- Experience using relational database technologies such as SQL
- Good documentation skills
- Familiar with Linux and Windows environments
- Experience using version control software such as Git
- Recent experience with modern web frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, Drupal, Wordpress, VueJS or React
- Working with cloud-based systems such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Working with public and private RESTful API’s
- NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB
- Containerized Services
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – Cambridge Hybrid /
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed