A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Jagex is looking for a junior video editor to work within the video team, primarily focusing on producing video assets for our Publishing and Marketing division.
You will be working with the highly creative and talented individuals on the Jagex Video Team to edit and version existing video content across all our games. You will be producing assets for a wide range of social and marketing platforms, including YouTube, Instagram stories, Facebook posts, Twitter video and more. You will be highly creative, pro-active and be able to communicate using excellent creative language.
You have experience of video editing and creative suite products, such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects, and are used to producing high quality assets in line with creative briefs. Not only will you be collaborating within the team to develop ideas, but also across the wider highly talented Creative Services team to integrate correct branding, illustrations, and artwork into your videos.
We have no limits on creative ideas. Whether you’re working with our multimedia specialists to make an undead zombie dragon heat cups of tea in the Jagex kitchen with fire breath or producing a live on-stage theatrical performance with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, it’s all possible if you have the drive to make it real (yes both of these things have happened).
Flexible working opportunities:
This role will require you to work from the Jagex office in Cambridge primarily, but does offer the ability to work remotely when required.
Key Duties Include:
- Working with Editors to create both live action and in-game video content;
- Editing existing video assets created by the Editing team;
- Creating cut-downs, resizes and language versions of existing video assets;
- Logging footage and generating assembly sequences;
- Working closely with the Product Marketing, Social and Video Teams;
- Liaising with Stakeholders to deliver project assets to deadlines;
- Working closely with our Audio Teams to implement music, effects and foley for video edits;
- Working on projects for a wide range of teams within the business, including Jagex Partners, Events, Marketing, Development, Recruitment, Social Media, Executive teams and more;
- Creating and developing imaginative video concepts for entertaining our player base, and enticing potential players to join the community;
- Developing and maintaining working procedures with other teams, such as the Social and Marketing teams, to schedule and deliver projects as required by key stakeholders;
- Representing the Video and wider Creative Services team within Jagex
- At least 1 years experience of working in a professional creative video editing role OR a degree in a relevant field
- Highly driven and organized individual;
- Responds well under pressure;
- Great communicator, able to present and bring people along on the journey;
- Excellent video editing skills;
- Experience in Adobe Product Suite, including Premiere and Photoshop;
- After Effects and videography experience are a plus but not essential;
- A passion for video games; knowledge of the RuneScape franchise is a plus but not essential
- Ability to work outside of office hours when required;
- Ability to travel to events and off-site filming locations when required;
- Working knowledge of video platforms such as Twitch and YouTube, and social platforms such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook;
- A showreel or portfolio of work you have undertaken is essential. This should highlight your talents from creative conception to execution and production, with relevant examples of how your knowledge has or can be applied to the gaming industry;
- A great eye for detail to produce quality high end videos;
- A desire to work in one of the most admired gaming studios in the industry.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed