A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
To design, create and implement new gameplay features or content of various types such as new areas, quests, PvP content, minigames, skills or gameplay improvements. You must consider the narrative, gameplay, end user experience and technical implementation. Complete training in our internal scripting language, RuneScript will be provided.
- Motivated by crafting new incredible bespoke experiences for players and you gain satisfaction from producing great results.
- Excited by the opportunity to be part of a collaborative & passionate team.
- Inspired by having a relationship with Old School’s passionate community.
- Determined to learn the craft of game design & development and strive for continuous improvement.
- Design new, engaging game content suitable for Old School RuneScape. You will have the assistance and input of your surrounding team, but you will have the opportunity to handle smaller design tasks with creative autonomy.
- Implement game content using our in-house scripting language, RuneScript. You will be provided full training and mentorship as required.
- Continuously learn more about Old School RuneScape through your own research and utilising the knowledge of the wider team. This should inform your design and development decisions.
- Work closely with other disciplines including graphics, QA and audio.
- Have the choice and opportunity to engage with the community via social media and livestreams with the assistance of our Community Management team.
- A deep understanding of Old School RuneScape, its various skills, Quests, metas and community. Gained through personal experience playing the title. We will expect you to share your game account’s display name.
- An understanding of MMORPGs, their internal structures and systems.
- An avid interest in games, with a desire to discuss their key features.
- • Technical experience with Scripting or Programming. This will be required to get to grips with our in-house scripting language, RuneScript.
- Aware of the basic Game Design and development process.
- An ability to collaborate with other creative people.
- Strong time management, general organisation & prioritisation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal.
- A pro-active work ethic who can take on problem solving, without being afraid of the challenge.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working in games in any role.
- More in depth knowledge in one or more of these design disciplines:
- Game design
- A portfolio of any previous work to showcase.
- Familiarity with work management & documentation tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Experience with version control software, like Perforce.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-19
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed