Junior 3D Artist
Unity's award-winning Demo Team, creators of Adam, Book of the Dead and The Heretic explores what is possible with the Unity Engine and pushes its limits through autonomous creative projects. The team consists of experienced game professionals who are willing and able to base their entire productions at the bleeding edge of technological innovation.
The Demo Team is now looking for a Junior 3D Artist. This is an exciting opportunity to assist a senior team with a wide range of production-related tasks. We are looking for an individual just entering the world of game development, who is highly motivated to learn and grow.
Working alongside the creative director, producers, and senior artists and programmers, the position offers the opportunity to learn from a renowned team and exceptionally experienced colleagues.
This is a 12 month fixed contract role.
What you’ll be doing
- Participate in photogrammetry-based asset creation pipeline, including assets scanning, solving and processing
- Maintain the team's assets database
- Assist in the creation of custom tools
- Assist with work on the environment art in-engine, including scene management, structure and cleanup
- You may also get access to other production tasks as needed, such as: in-engine editing and cameras; simpler animation, skinning and rigging tasks; production assistance and coordination
What we’re looking for
- Recent graduate from a relevant subject such as CG art, game art, game design or development or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of a game engine such as Unity
- Experience with 3D Art creation techniques and a graphics software, such as: Maya, 3D Studio Max, Blender, Photoshop
- Good interpersonal skills and strong motivation to learn new techniques and acquire new skills
- Attention to detail and drive for quality
You might also have
- Any previous game related work experience
- Familiarity with animation techniques
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Date posted: 2022-01-20