Timbre Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, is looking for an IT Technical Support Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting technical issues, providing help desk support, installing and configuring new workstations and software, and ensuring licensing and security are up to date. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in an IT support role, knowledge of Windows and Mac OS operating systems, and proficiency in the Office 365 | M365 suite of applications. Timbre Games offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid time off, and a values-driven culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
IT at Timbre Games
At Timbre Games, our IT Team is made up of some of the most friendly and knowledgeable people you'll ever meet. They are the ultimate tech squad, ensuring all technology systems are functioning smoothly. These tech wizards don't just fix bugs and address malfunctions; they do it with style, flair, and a good dose of humour. They are the go-to team for all things IT-related, from software glitches to hardware hiccups, and they always tackle the problem with boundless energy and enthusiasm. They take pride in their work and are always eager to share their knowledge with others, making them a great resource for developers and colleagues alike. Their vast knowledge of emerging technologies and their unyielding resolution to keep the systems up and running make them the unsung heroes of the company.
The IT Technical Support Analyst is the go-to guru for all things IT at Timbre Games. By quickly diagnosing and fixing issues with software and hardware, they keep the team running smoothly, boost morale, and help everyone stay productive. With their technical expertise and problem-solving skills, the Technical Support Analyst is a key player in ensuring Timbre Games stays ahead of the game!
As an IT Technical Support Analyst at Timbre, you will:
- Become a key resource in our Timbre IT team, troubleshooting technical issues and establishing priorities
- Provide Help Desk support related to hardware, software, application programs, creating basic training materials/resources and demonstrating applications
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into the installation, configuration, and testing of new workstations, peripheral equipment and software to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure licensing for all software purchase are recorded, and that our devices and security are kept up to date
- Support the onboarding of new hires and welcoming them with the tools they need to hit the ground running at Timbre
- Identify and participate in initiatives to improve the quality of our technological service, bringing fresh ideas and boundless energy to the table
- Collaborate closely with Sumo UK on access control and licensing issues to ensure consistent support across all disciplines in Timbre Games and Atomhawk, our partner studio
- Work from our office located in downtown Vancouver; be part of an exciting new chapter in Timbre's growth and be ready to help Timbre set up our brand new office
What you bring:
- A positive “yes and” attitude that energizes the team and inspires your colleagues. You believe that every problem has a solution, and you won't rest until you've found it
- 2-5 years experience in an IT support role
- A post-secondary education in a relevant field is preferred, but we're open to candidates with equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Help Desk Ticketing Systems
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- Proficiency in the Office 365 | M365 suite of applications is essential
- Experience working with a variety of technologies, i.e., Exchange Online/Teams/OneDrive/SharePoint
- A track record of providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment. You know how to prioritize your workload and stay cool under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via email, phone call, Slack, etc.; comfortable about explaining technical concepts to non-technical users and documenting technical issues clearly and effectively
You may also bring:
- AZ-900 Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals or equivalent MS certifications; CCNA/JNCIA AWS or Azure certifications or experience
- Call Centre experience
- Familiarity with Networking and Security/Cloud Security
- Data center experience as a Tech or Network Admin
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-03-11