Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre-defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
About the Internship Program:
Over the course of 10 weeks, a select group of college and university students will join us remotely, gaining valuable work experiences and insights into our most exciting products. Interns engage with Wizards’ beloved brands, gaining meaningful work-experience through day-to-day training, hands-on projects, executive exposure, individual development planning and mentorship. Did I mention we have a Dragon? Let's add your unlimited imagination and boundless curiosity our party.
- Our program runs between June 12 - August 18, 2023.
- Our internships are paid!
As an Intern - Concept Specialist, you'll craft thoughts, words, and designs for Magic: The Gathering into content that tells a story to fans new and old. We’re looking for someone who not only can spot a grammatical error or ten, but who can also thoughtfully work within our content management system to manage the technical backend of our website, as well as craft a sentence to convey how exciting our game is.
What You'll Do:
- Edit content drafts to Oxford English Dictionary standards in addition to Magic brand style, voice, and formatting.
- Use internal and external tools alongside CMS to build website content for internal review.
- Create compelling content about Magic: The Gathering that can only come from Wizards of the Coast.
- Collaborate with the team to brainstorm/propose ideas for future content.
What You'll Bring:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited, degree-seeking program majoring in communications, journalism, marketing, English, or related degree with at least one quarter or semester left after August 2023.
- Strong writing and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work creatively under deadlines.
- Creative curiosity and a dedication to improving/iterating on past work.
- Available to work full-time hours for 10 weeks.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Nice to Have:
- Enthusiasm for Magic, D&D, and their associated in-store play programs.
Due to the volume of applicants, responses may be delayed, but we will seek to reply to all candidates by May 19, 2023.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Location: Fully Remote