Timbre Games, a new studio in Vancouver, Canada, is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join their team. The analyst will play a key role in ensuring the quality and accessibility of the games they develop. They will be responsible for tracking and reporting bugs, performing testing throughout the production phase, and collaborating with different departments to support user stories. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in video game QA and have shipped at least one game. They should have excellent organizational skills, be comfortable working in an agile environment, and have strong communication skills. Timbre Games offers competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits, flexible paid time off, and a values-driven culture. They are committed to diversity and inclusion and are open to assisting with immigration/relocation for the right candidates.
Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
QA at Timbre Games
At Timbre, Quality Assurance is a key pillar in delivering fun and immersive games. We are fundamental to ensuring accessibility when creating game experiences that embrace diversity, and evoke the curiosity and imagination of everyone that plays them. The exploratory Timbreoos on this team are not merely testers; they are 'Advocates of Quality' - constantly exploring the furthest reaches of our builds to generate player-focused games, while constructing and optimizing QA processes that run through the core of our development team.
Our QA Analysts will help shape QA culture at Timbre through a positive, player-focused attitude that embraces innovation, creativity and fun. This position will impact Timbre by driving quality and discovering pesky hard-to-find bugs on our first released game.
What impact will you have as a Quality Assurance Analyst at Timbre:
- As an ‘Advocate for Quality at Timbre’, you will be following up on issues and tracking and reporting bugs found utilizing test plans with a cross-discipline team
- You will be performing hands-on smoke and performance testing through the production phase, becoming a ‘player-focused’ expert on our titles and ensuring our games are FUN!
- As part of a cross-discipline agile team, you will partner with different departments to support and complete user stories to a high quality, with a focus on clarity and playability
- You will help foster a diverse and inclusive environment within the QA team, and Timbre as a whole
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience working in Video Game QA, having shipped at least one game with a team on a PC/console project
- Experience in the early production phase
- A collaborative, ‘yes-and’ approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise and solution-focused messages, that are easily understood by all disciplines as well as any external partners
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong capability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge and comfort working with cross-discipline teams in an agile environment
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off, plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-09-15