At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Interior Environment Artists who possess a passion for creating believable and realistic interiors - making sure everything from the architectural details, props, set dressing, and lighting embody the concepts and art direction of the underlying game. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- We create the interiors for buildings in our games, including modelling and texturing of environments.
- We aim to create believable and interesting spaces full of detail and strike a balance between what’s important for story and gameplay and what is interesting for the player as they explore our worlds.
- You will help define and request props as well as provide quality control as needed in order to fulfil set dressing requirements.
- You must be aware of design requirements and technical limitations.
- You will work closely with Art Direction to help develop and implement best approaches to modelling, texturing, dressing and lighting-related tasks.
- You will work closely with Programmers to ensure triangle counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- You will participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- You will proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Creative Directors.
- You will ensure that the artistic style is consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- 2+ years of post-secondary educational or equivalent experience in 2D and 3D art production.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered. It is important that you show working models with wireframe, textures and the finished art.
- Extensive practical 3D experience and skills.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques.
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3dsmax, Substance Painter and Designer, Photoshop, ZBrush or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Additional education or professional experience with an emphasis in Architecture or Interior Design.
- Prior experience having shipped a game.
- Passion for Rockstar’s game library.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed