The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Job Summary: As part of the Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure team, this position is responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining IT Infrastructure such as physical servers, storage arrays, hypervisors, backup and disaster recovery systems, server rooms, monitoring and network equipment for on-premise offices as well as some cloud-based services. This position will collaborate closely with the Media Production department to ensure IT infrastructure meets the needs of the business.FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Act as a liaison between the Media Production team and IT, identifying pain points and needs of the Media Production team’s workflows in relation to technologies available and best practices in the industry
- Research and recommend technical solutions
- Install, configure and maintain networked storage systems including fiber channel and iSCSI based storage array networks
- Maintain a physical and virtual server infrastructure
- Maintain and test disaster recovery and backup systems
- Maintain and deploy server room infrastructure such as UPS, power distribution units, environmental monitors, serial console servers and Keyboard/Video/Monitor switches
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure technologies, including issues with the network, storage, server, virtual and cloud environments
- Manage monitoring platforms and alerts
- Create IT Infrastructure performance reports and dashboard
- Document the design, operation, and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
- Supervise vendors and contractors
- Display patience and professionalism working with employees having a range of computer competencies
- Support local & remote users via IT Support ticketing systems, emails, phone calls, and as part of a Tier 2 on-call rotation
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with or supporting Media Production technologies such as Video Editing, Post-production, Live action production, dubbing, versioning or localization
- Excellent analytical abilities, project coordination, and time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision and direction
- Working knowledge of a monitoring platform like Solarwinds, including node creation, customization of reports, dashboards, and alerts
- Windows Server operating system competence
- Experience configuring Windows infrastructure services such as Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS) and Network Policy Server (NPS) preferred
- VMware vSphere, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) servers and storage, Quantum StorNext, AWS experience and certifications preferred
- Wireless and network troubleshooting experience
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: 97000.00 - 147000.00 $. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Code: TE.ESEA.P3
Internal Job Profile: Infrastructure Engineer (IC3)
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed