The Quantified Experience (QX) team is seeking an early-stage researcher with a PhD in human vision science. The position involves investigating the perceptual consequences of technical trade-offs in augmented reality and providing direction for technical innovations. Candidates must have a good understanding of human vision science, psychophysics and research methods for measuring subjective visual experiences.
The QX team provides subject matter expertise on a variety of topics related to human vision ranging from the physiology of the visual system to visual perception. It informs leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and works closely with Systems, Optical Engineering, Health Care, Human Factors, UX/UI and other teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
The position will be in Plantation, Florida.
- Conduct research in collaboration with other vision scientists from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods.
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering, and design specifications, and make recommendations for visual perception in augmented reality
- Identify perceptual challenges and opportunities for leveraging the human visual system
- Code software for experiments, proctor studies, write software to analyze data.
- Experience with psychophysical and other psychological research methods
- Critical thinking and analytic problem-solving skills and working knowledge of statistics for behavioral sciences.
- Ability to adapt quickly and get up-to-speed on new technologies.
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/C++, Python
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with Matlab Psychtoolbox is a plus
- Experience with Eye Tracking or Foveation techniques is a plus
- Ability to summarize research findings in a meaningful way for colleagues outside QX.
PhD in human vision science or a related research area.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed