Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit. To achieve these goals, we are committed to building and empowering a diverse team of people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for Ph.D. , Masters, or Bachelors students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for students who are underrepresented in the field of Engineering/Computing. This includes, but is not limited to, those who self-identify as women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+, active or Veteran service members, and/or persons with a disability. We are committed to empowering and elevating representation, inclusion, and belonging in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers and engineers!
The Quantified Experience (QX) team of Magic Leap, Inc. is seeking an intern with a background in human vision science. Depending on your interests and expertise, this internship can involve collaboration on ongoing research such as stereovision, eye tracking and foveated rendering, ocular optics, text legibility, or root-causing the sources of visual discomfort that users of head-mounted displays may experience. We also welcome ideas for other lines of research, too.
The QX team provides subject matter expertise on a variety of topics related to human vision ranging from the physiology of the visual system to visual perception. It informs Magic Leap's leadership and other teams on perceptual best practices and works closely with Systems Engineering, Optical Engineering, Healthcare, Human Factors and UX/UI teams. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
This internship will begin in June 2023 and requires physical presence at Magic Leap's headquarters in Plantation, Florida.
- Conduct research in collaboration with other vision scientists from hypothesis to delivery using scientific methods
- Collaborate with other Magic Leap teams to explore perceptual factors, define engineering and design specifications, and make recommendations for visual perception in augmented reality
- Identify perceptual challenges and opportunities for leveraging the human visual system
- Code software for experiments, proctor studies, write software to analyze data
- Experience with psychophysical and other psychological research methods
- Critical thinking and analytic problem solving skills and working knowledge of statistics for behavioral sciences
- Ability to adapt quickly and get up-to-speed on new technologies
- Profound knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: Matlab, C/C++, Python
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or OpenGL is a plus
- Experience with Matlab Psychtoolbox is a plus
- Ability to summarize research findings in a meaningful way for colleagues outside QX
- Master's degree in vision science, psychology, neuroscience, bio-engineering, or a related field
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Location: Plantation, FL
Country: United States