Human Resources Business Partner
Unity is growing fast! As a HR Business Partner you will be a trusted and strategic partner to the Revenue and Customer Success business, driving strategy and aligning strategic objectives with employees and management. As part of the Create HRBP team, you will partner with clients in Revenue and Customer Success functions. These are fast scaling organizations that desire your expertise and strategic guidance in driving people & operational plans for them. In your day-to-day work, your key internal partners are across Finance, Recruiting, and our HR CEOs (People Operations, Talent & Development, Compensation, Diversity & Inclusion).
Our HR team provides proactive solutions for a broad scope of business activities, from employee relations, performance management, and compliance to compensation and benefits. You will support our company’s rapid growth globally. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, our ideal candidate would understand what it means to support a rapidly growing global organization. You will use your real time problem-solving skills to thrive in an environment that is entrepreneurial and oriented to achieving phenomenal things.
You will ensure alignment on initiatives and priorities, maintain open and transparent lines of communication, and keep our employees and teams growing, thriving, and well supported! This person will also work closely with Unity’s Recruitment team to ensure headcount and growth is on target and aligned with overall company objectives.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and implement HR strategy - offer thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Provide insights to guide decision-making and offer proactive solutions. Provide expertise and mentor managers on appropriate people management practices, i.e. org design, performance management, rewards & recognition, and retention
- Build and maintain employee morale and culture for teams you support as well as develop high-functioning organizations
- Be the glue that brings all relevant information from multiple partners to help motivate change and translate to best practices
- Develop a positive relationship with all relevant external partners such as finance and recruiting to ensure all budgets and headcount are carried out towards plan
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a strategic HR role, working directly with senior-level management, preferably having partnered with a commercial/go-to-market organization before
- Exercise judgement with sensitive/confidential issues - strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship, and team-building skills, and a proven ability to influence others
- Thrives in the grey where problems are not clearly defined and not all processes are fully built out - can dig into the weeds as needed to execute with excellence
- Ability to work autonomously with a remote manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. MBA or MA in HR-related field is preferred
You might also have
- Passionate about the employee and manager experience
- An appetite to try new and creative approaches
- Project Management Experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Calgary, Canada
Date posted: 2022-01-20