PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
SIE is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide day-to-day support to our HR Business Partner (HRBP) team aligned to PlayStation Studios. The right candidate will have deep HR generalist experience and partner with HRBPs to understand overall goals, requirements, culture, and challenges while collaborating with all HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to deliver objectives. The ideal candidate will be passionate about HR, have a sense of urgency for execution as well as natural curiosity, have experience working in a dynamic HR team and ability to deliver a positive customer service experience!
- Deliver HR service as an extension of the HRBP team and as part of a core HR service team
- Run and maintain a variety of reports for the HRBPs to deliver to the business on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Assist HR Business Partners in various projects on an ad hoc basis, including assisting on executing studio programs, year-end performance review and comp planning process, and other tasks as assigned
- Assist central HR teams with multiple projects such as supporting program launches and responding to employee questions on all HR topics
- Partner with HRBPs and COEs to support studio business needs in areas such as learning and development, recruiting, onboarding, performance management and total rewards
- Analyze and make recommendations on existing HR policies, practices and programs and implement improvements
- Maintain and be responsible for all employee data in Workday and HR administrative procedures and documentation
- Learn and understand SIE HR processes as well as how studios operate to help streamline HR operational processes
- Develop strong partnerships with all studio teams, understanding the unique practices and differences of each group
- Promote positive employee relationships through communication and interpretation of HR policies
- Conduct exit interviews and deliver findings to the HRBPs to continuously improve the employee experience
- Assist Employee Relations with various projects including but not limited to performance issues, conflict resolution, involuntary terminations, and mutual separations, etc.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to work with international colleagues
- Proven experience of successfully partnering with senior HR and business leaders
- 7-12+ years previous experience in HR in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Working knowledge of HR laws and federal and state regulations – Canada a plus
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and common sense regarding sensitive information is a must
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with people at all levels of the organization, with experience presenting information and data to all levels.
- Demonstrates versatility of experience and the ability to prioritize work from diverse sources
- Highly data literate
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- High level of initiative and responsiveness with an aim to quickly resolve problems
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and set priorities in a demanding environment
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Experience using Workday or other HR systems
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification
- Previous experience in the games or entertainment industry
- Previous experience working with creative teams
- Experience with performance management issues
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, San Mateo, CA
Country: United States