Be the liaison between the business and the people of a dynamic international game development studio.
If you’ve ever dreamt of combining your demonstrable experience in HR with the excitement of a career in the creative industries, this is your chance. Guerrilla is an Amsterdam-based Sony PlayStation studio behind the award winning games Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West. We are now looking to add a new HR Business Partner!
In this role, you will join a diverse, eclectic team of HR professionals, delivering a full suite of AAA services for our passionate game studio. You will support your designated group in achieving its strategic objectives by guiding & steering on HRBP topics such as organizational design, change, talent management and performance management. You'll be a key liaison between the business and the people of a dynamic and international game development studio.
Our HR Team
As HRBP, you will be part of a complementary team consisting of: HR Generalists, HR Business Partners, Compensation & Benefits Specialist, Talent Acquisition Partners, Talent Acquisition Coordinators and a Payroll Consultant. All reporting into the Director, HR & Talent Acquisition.
What You Will Do
As a HR Business Partner, we will look to you to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor for your collaborators, providing expertise, guidance, coaching and mentorship to both staff and managers in all aspects of HR, helping them “level up” and grow professionally and personally.
- Handle critical employee relations processes and cases including absence, performance management, disciplinary procedures and outcomes.
- Proactively identify people issues and trends within the studio and address pragmatic business orientated solutions in partnership with your key collaborators.
- Work with, partner and guide the HR Generalist specified to your designated group
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team on topics related to your group
- Partner with the business on strategic workforce planning and employee retention
- Keep up to date with legal requirements, providing suggestions for changes.
Who You Are
To be considered a candidate for this role, we will look to you to:
- Have at least 3 years of demonstrable experience as an HR Business Partner, ideally in the international tech, digital or creative industries.
- Have strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Be a pragmatic problem solver, and take ownership over people-related issues in your domain.
- Be comfortable in partnering with business leaders to define and drive strategy with your strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Be a connector, able to develop healthy relationships with our studio’s management team, directors, leads and individual contributors.
- Be strongly curious, with a highly developed desire to learn how a PlayStation studio works and strive to help us achieve our goals.
- Be approachable ambassador for employees and for your employer.
- Have a detailed understanding of Dutch labor law and are fluent in written and verbal English and Dutch.
- Not shy away from hands-on, operational content in your role
- Have a good sense of humor!
- Have a curiosity about the gaming industry.
Please note that this role will require you to work from our studio in the heart of Amsterdam at least 3 days a week. Guerrilla will cover the costs of your commute using public transport.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, you can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, a cover/motivation letter and a link to/PDF of your portfolio.