Head of Partner Engineering
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play!
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, low ego, and hardworking professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are passionate about makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
About this Role
At Playco, partnerships are key to our success. We partner with social networking companies, external game studios, and ad networks. Playco partnerships require a strong understanding of technology and engineering. We do business with partners through APIs and technical integrations in mobile apps, the web, and the cloud. A successful partner engagement at Playco means deeply understanding the partner’s APIs and nuances of how their platforms work.
As Head of Partner Engineering, you are responsible for enabling successful technical integrations with Playco’s partners around the world. You’ll do this by working closely with executives inside of Playco to define and execute our partner strategy. You’ll represent Playco as the primary, technical point of contact, to partner engineering teams, providing best in class support and response times. You’ll enable Playco’s product leaders to succeed using partner platforms and APIs, and be the most up to date internal resource on a partner’s offerings and needs. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to balance an ability to dive deep into partner technology while staying grounded in the outcomes said technology can enable for Playco. You’ll need to communicate like a business leader, while being able to execute like an engineering leader. Qualifications for this position include years of engineering experience, superlative interpersonal skills, and experience engaging with partners in a fast paced environment.
- Build our partner engineering function from the ground up, including considerations for strategic and technical partnerships.
- Develop a deep understanding of the landscape and nuance of partner products and technology.
- Work closely with Playco’s product leaders to develop a strategy around partner products and technology.
- Directly support our partners as the main technical point of contact to Playco, and represent their offerings and needs internally.
- Work with partners to design, iterate, and evolve joint roadmaps that address partner priorities and create value.
- Build and improve Playco technologies working closely with our central engineering teams.
- Represent Playco’s brand when engaging with partner executives and educate them about our value proposition and features as a subject matter expert.
- Provide regular communications to the executive office on partnership strategy and results.
- Recruit, manage and mentor additional team members based on business needs.
- 7+ years work experience with 3+ years track record of successful partner engagement.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production.
- Solid familiarity with deployment on cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in software systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Proven experience successfully managing and growing talent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present to and influence senior leadership.
- Ability to not only roll up your sleeves and get things done but also take stock of the bigger picture and deliver strategic thinking.
- Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency and a strong desire to be part of building something new.
- We are a growing distributed team that embraces remote work. You must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment and multiple time zones.
- Passion for mobile gaming.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20