We are looking for a passionate and innovative thought leader to run game design across our portfolio of sports products.
The ideal candidate has proven experience shipping gaming experiences in a variety of different categories including games-as-a-service, mobile and web platforms. You bring a desire to pioneer gaming and products on blockchains and decentralized platforms that will change the landscape of collectible gaming forever. You have experience managing a roster of diverse creatives and a passion for unlocking success in others. Deep understanding of the world’s largest sports leagues is a huge benefit.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Lead the design of the most innovative and best-in-class Web3 experiences as measured by key results co-developed with the executive team; Retention & Engagement, Acquisition & Conversion, LTV, Increased total market value, etc.
- Establish an overall template and approach to collectibles and gamification that can be applied across products of varying maturity.
- Develop a unified approach to analytics, data-driven decision making and management of the economic health of live NFT products.
- Establish operating practises for content creation with an eye to value, market activity and retention.
- Design features (from vision to specifics) that enhance the player experience and drive target OKRs.
- Drive innovation through development of hypotheses, live experimentation and iteration in the constantly evolving category of Web3 gaming.
- Establish quality bars and driving delivery of the key live service components of the experiences including fluid product economics, quest / missions, metagame systems and community events.
- Lead, train and hire a best-in-class game design team to service all sports products.
- Lead creative services as needed, including art, graphic design, product design, copywriting and user research.
A little about you
- Deep game design experience including all phases of development, production and live operations.
- Design, deployment and refinement of monetization features and live economy balancing.
- Management of mid-to-large sized teams, focused on game designers but the ideal candidate has experience with UX, art and production.
- A passion for emerging technologies, in particular decentralization, blockchain and NFTs.
- A focused determination to ship quality experiences in a world of dynamically changing requirements.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Apply for this job
Location: Remote – US, Remote
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed