Head of Digital Sales
Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
As a result of internal progression, the Head of Digital Sales role offers the opportunity to work closely with the Digital Sales Director to drive process improvements and overall commercial returns and provide day-to-day management to our vibrant Digital Sales team. The role ensures the continued growth and development of SEGA globally; with a focus on evolving our Steam business & managing internal relationships with SEGA Pillar studios. The role sits within our Publishing team who are a highly skilled, engaged, and diverse group of approximately 180+ people spanning Technology, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA, and more, servicing our development studios, leading the SOE (SEGA of Europe) Publishing services and collaborating with our Sega of America (SOA) team.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will be a dynamic commercial leader with a proven track record of launching digital games across PC and console (mobile a bonus). You will be capable of leading and developing a dynamic sales team, whilst effectively managing a diverse base of internal and external stakeholders. Essentially, you will have a passion and in-depth knowledge of the ever-changing video games industry and will be capable of driving commercial growth and strategy.
- Deliver business identified in the Financial Year Business Plan, demonstrating creativity & drive to deliver new release and catalogue promotion initiatives. Embody the SEGA culture and strategy of a studio & consumer driven business.
- Works with Digital Sales Director to agree areas of focus and opportunities for improvement in the digital sales department and work to deliver these with the wider digital sales team and internal stakeholders.
- Be the link between day-to-day activities worked on in Digital Sales department and senior management’s strategic planning to align activities to longer term goals.
- Manage and ensure ongoing growth of direct reports in the department and work with Digital Sales Director to position department correctly for future requirements.
- Strong involvement with the partnership between SEGA, Studios, and key digital platforms and 1st parties (Steam, Epic, Sony, Nintendo, MS, Stadia, etc), building strong ongoing commercial relationships and updating pillars on new opportunities.
- Develop strong internal relationships with the Marketing and Sales teams ensure collaborative strategies and awareness across the business, fully optimising the release of all titles and aligning between departments.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A strong sales or business development background within the games industry.
- Team and direct report management experience.
- Experience analysing data with BI teams and draw conclusions to drive commercial decision-making.
- Demonstrable experience working with internal and external partners (especially development studios).
- Proven track record of successful product planning for launches and ongoing product lifecycles.
- Experience with ongoing monetisation through games as a service model.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and embrace the full spectrum of humanity, believing in a diverse, inclusive and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from; Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us –regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include: DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).
Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Country: United Kingdom