Creative Assembly is looking for an experienced leader to support, develop and grow an established, cross-franchise team as the Head of Community. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
As the Head of Community, you will lead the day-to-day operations and ongoing evolution of your discipline in support of all CA titles – past, present and future. You will use your expertise and experience to support and grow established teams dedicated to each of our project pillars, while defining and delivering on a centralised studio vision of Community.
You will work with likeminded leaders to guide the overall evolution of the team, and how it works with a wide stakeholder group including brand-marketing, game development, publishing, and live service. You will be collaborative and supportive, showing great care for your team and investing fully in their success as individuals and as a discipline.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of at least one day per month in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
The right person for this role will be creative, curious, and empathetic – understanding the demands on our existing Community team while helping them identify ways to improve and affect change. You will be experienced in leading others through delivering complex project plans, generating new and exciting ideas, and overcoming challenges.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Coach established Community and Social Media Managers with a range of experience levels, sharing your expertise and leadership one-on-one and at the team level to help them meet personal and team progression goals
- Work with Community Leads at the project level to assess and manage performance, resourcing, training, budgets, process, and tools, advocating for what they need to realise our studio goals for player-centric development
- Collaborate with leadership across the studio to identify opportunities and drive improvement in how we keep our players at the centre of how we make, market, deliver, and support our games
- Adapt our approach to meet the needs of specific projects and player audiences, while building a studio-wide vision and standard for how we support, grow, and engage our player community
- Drive ongoing review and improvement of how we develop and deliver our community communications, exploring and testing new opportunities that relate to our studio objectives and audience expectations
- Represent the Community discipline throughout the studio, improving internal understanding, education, and engagement in the shared responsibility for delivering AAA gaming experiences to our players.
- Senior Community leadership in a gaming environment
- Medium-sized team leadership, mentoring and career development
- Growth-minded, experience building and scaling teams to meet demand
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial in solving problems and generating ideas
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience working with games marketing functions – Brand, PR, Influencers, Design
- Experience working with and understanding of game development teams
- Management of external agencies, contracts, and tools
- Passion for a wide range of gaming genres and titles.
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
We have studio locations across Horsham, UK in Newcastle, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria. These include several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Location: Horsham, West Sussex
Country: United Kingdom