We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced creative executive to join us and run the Bungie Art Organization. Your role will include working with our Art Directors and Art Managers to forge a powerful studio art vision and a future-facing strategy that will help Bungie continue to lead the industry. You will also work with Art Leadership to manage the organizational health and structure of all Art departments, and ensure high engagement, excellent craft, and quality management. Additionally, you will collaborate with business unit leaders throughout the studio to ensure Art is meeting both the studio bar and individual project needs. This position will report to the Chief Creative Officer and will help define the studio’s larger creative strategy. The right candidate will create a compelling cultural vision that will inspire our Art Leadership and foster a happy, engaged, buoyant and ever-learning Art Organization!
- Work closely with our Art Directors and Art Managers to define a powerful, future facing studio strategy for Art
- Work with the Chief Creative Officer to define how Art partners with Design and Narrative to create powerful player experiences
- Serve as a mentor, advisor and manager to the Art Directors and Managers
- Manage and grow Art department managers from each business unit
- Help structure individual departments and set up strong succession planning for each business unit by identifying risks and developing mitigations for them
- Communicate with Bungie project teams to coordinate requirements with external partners
- Help drive our art outsourcing philosophies and pipelines to best-in-class
- Drive collaboration with other Ex Dev team members related to the Art Organization and Content teams
- Collaborate with Bungie Publishing in Art related project matters
- Partner with HR on employee relations, retention and job architecture
- Partner with the compensation team around competitive market data for the Art Organization
- Collaborate closely with art recruiting leadership around hiring trends, strategy, and attrition
- Represent the entire Art Organization to leadership groups across the studio
- A strong desire to focus on a management/strategic role, as opposed to a highly creative role
- Extensive experience in effectively leading and managing creatives on AAA console games
- Strong understanding of AAA Art department pipeline
- Proven ability to drive large-scale studio initiatives and to manage a large organization
- Experience partnering with other business groups including HR, Compensation, Recruiting, and Publishing
- Experience in effectively managing personnel issues and developing a high-performance team
- Excellent leadership and effective communication skills
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations