Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Senior Grooming Artist, your goal will be to create the highest quality grooms and hair shading lookdev for characters of the production.
- Work within art direction guidelines:
- Create complex, artistically appealing hairstyles, grooms & surfacing for human characters, furry creatures, feathered characters and props and elements
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques
- Work within the established pipeline
- Work together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth.
- Follow supervisor’s and lead's guidance to deliver the highest quality work, matching the picture style
- Work closely with production to ensure the desired work is delivered and that deadlines are met
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and solve problems
- 3+ years or more of professional experience
- Must have a good understanding of the processes of grooming, surfacing, rendering, simulation.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality grooms and delivering on schedule.
- Strong knowledge of Houdini
- Depth of knowledge in groom & surfacing tools and renderers (Houdini, Maya, xGen, Yeti, Shave and Haircut, Mari, Substance, Arnold or Renderman)
- Knowledge of CFX and simulation tools is a plus (nhair, carbon, vellum)
- Knowledge of Python or C/C++ programming, VEX and Houdini HDA creation is a plus
- High English level
- Spanish knowledge is a plus
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed