Graphics Research Intern - Machine Learning
As a machine learning intern, you will work under the supervision of our researchers within the Unity Labs team located in Grenoble, France. You will explore various applications of deep learning in graphics and seek to tackle unsolved problems. Applications include but are not limited to texturing (e.g., synthesis, delighting or up-sampling), style-transfer, image anti-aliasing, denoising and procedural generation. If results are encouraging, we may strive towards an academic publication and/or international communication ! This is the main focus of our host team, whose publications can be accessed here: https://unity.com/labs/publications. At the end of your six-month internship, you will produce a master thesis and presentation under our mentorship.
Applications will be reviewed ongoing, so we recommend you submit your application at the earliest opportunity
What you’ll be doing
- Read and survey groundbreaking scientific articles
- Grow your knowledge on the theory of deep learning and other mathematical tools
- Craft and optimize Neural Networks
- Analyze results, compare to related work, and summarize it into a scientific report
What we’re looking for
- Master-level student for a 6-month internship as part of their training
- Passion for deep learning and/or Computer Graphics
- Hands-on knowledge of deep learning tools (e.g., PyTorch or Tensorflow)
- Hands-on knowledge of at least one area in Computer Graphics (e.g., OpenGL rasterization pipeline, ray-tracing, texturing)
You might also have
- Online demo's or portfolio (website, GitHub) that share your accomplishments about deep learning and/or computer graphics
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Grenoble, France
Date posted: 2022-01-20