Welcome to Zenith
Zenith is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game built for VR that combines adrenaline-pumping action-adventure gameplay with a colorful open world. Think WoW meets Dark Souls, with an anime-inspired, JRPG twist.
We’re looking for an experienced developer to own the end to end performance optimization for Zenith on the Oculus Quest and Quest 2. You will need to hit the ground running, profiling, and immediately implementing methods to reduce frametime through CPU, GPU, and memory optimization. You’ll also work closely with our art team to implement pipeline and optimization tools to automate the optimization workflow.
As a small studio, you may also be required to wear different engineering hats at times, helping out with game systems and client-facing features.
We’re tackling the most complicated technical challenge possible in gaming, so we’re looking for people that don’t shy away from tough boss fights! If you are ready to solve some incredible technical challenges and have a ton of fun, join our team, and reach your true potential.
This is a 6-month full time contract role, with the potential to transition into full time if interested.
- Analyze game performance and memory allocation and come up with solutions to help us hit frametimes.
- Develop world streaming tools that stream optimized lighting, LODs, environments, and characters for a massive open world.
- Create, maintain and optimize shaders for VR using CG or HLSL
- VFX optimization and construction
- Create tools and optimize art pipelines, and establish best practices for importing models, animations, and rigging
- Help reduce costs by developing innovative methods to save time on rigging, skinning, and modeling.
- Work on gameplay systems and collaborate with other engineers and artists.
- 5+ years of experience in graphics or engine optimization
- Unity Engine development experience on shipped titles
- Extensive C# and CG/HLSL experience.
- Experience working on optimizing VR Platforms
- Extensive experience with GPU, CPU, and Memory profiling for mobile devices or standalone VR.
- In-depth knowledge of different rendering methods and render pipelines.
- Experience modeling and optimizing game ready 3D assets
- Interested in startups or building a small studio from the ground up. (You’ll wear a lot of hats!)
- Strong passion for games outside of work.
- Art optimization skills including LOD, UV, and Memory Optimization on an individual asset level.
- Knowledge of Unity’s Data Oriented Tech Stack (DOTS)
- Network programming knowledge
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed