Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
Our Minecraft team is looking for an Intermediate Graphics Engineer to join our growing team! Working on cutting-edge technology with modern graphics APIs across multiple platforms, you will contribute to creating amazing player experiences enjoyed by millions of users worldwide.
The perfect person for this role values communication and collaboration. You know what goes into making a AAA game - You have a passion for graphics and are committed to continuous learning and sharing your knowledge with others.
A snapshot of your role:
- Develop and optimize highly performant real-time graphics features
- Refactor existing rendering systems to improve functionality and increase performance
- Drive new features and upgrades while leveraging modern rendering techniques
- Build strong relationships and communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Identify issues and suggest improvements to rendering techniques, tools and workflows
- Anticipate and provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to project leads
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Share your knowledge and have an impact across our entire studio!
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 3+ years' experience working on real-time graphics and rendering systems for games
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming
- Experience with PC and/or console game development
- Proficiency in modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 12, OpenGL and Vulkan (or console/mobile equivalents)
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimization skills
- Deep understanding of rendering architecture, pipelines and runtime optimization
- Knowledge of advanced and modern rendering techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for Minecraft!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity later in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed