Graphics Engineer Intern- Innovation Group
As a Graphics Innovation Group Intern you are going to be in a unique position of working alongside some of the most forward-looking technologists in the industry helping to advance the state of real-time graphics and rendering technology. As part of our group, we research and define novel technologies, assisting Unity’s product developers in realizing their goals of solving cutting-edge challenges for graphics. We aim to develop innovations that solve real problems for our users, rather than novelty for its own sake. If you have a passion for interactive art and optimization, we would like to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Research, design, and implement innovative approaches to solving self-contained problems worth solving in real-time graphics
- Closely collaborate with your team lead
- Optimize to try for maximum efficiency by learning the specific operation of our hardware platform targets
What we’re looking for
- Passionate rendering enthusiasts who are good humans and care to work in a collaborative, supportive, thriving team
- Knowledge of real-time graphics and modern computer APIs and hardware architectures
- Solid programming skills (C#/C++/Shading Languages)
- Initiative to push boundaries and a strong desire to build outstanding technologies for our users
- Current students pursuing a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field and returning to their school program for at least one semester
You might also have
- Knowledge of photorealistic rendering techniques (Physically-Based Rendering, Real-Time Ray Tracing, Global Illumination, Computational Geometry, MIS, and more)
- Familiarity with the Unity engine
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.#LI-JC2
Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Date posted: 2022-01-20