Role descriptionThe opportunity
We are looking for an aspiring graphics engineer to join our team within Unity working on delivering the best lighting experience to our users. Our mission is to empower creators to produce outstanding lighting in their applications.
As a student graphics engineer on the Light Transport team, you will research, design, and develop the systems and rendering innovations for our lighting technology.
Our team focuses on building and maintaining robust lighting solutions such as global illumination systems and their integration into the Unity Editor. In this position we will help you expand your understanding of software engineering in a professional environment, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop your technical skills and knowledge. You will have the opportunity to grow as a key contributor to the lighting features and workflows of the Unity Engine and Editor.What you’ll be doing
- Help to build and maintain new lighting systems for Unity users
- Investigate and debug issues in our existing features
- Learn how to build automated tests to support our systems
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to help improve the user experience of lighting in Unity
- Currently studying in a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree program
- Outstanding communication skills and proficient in both written and spoken English
- Solid grounding in Computer Science/Software Engineering theory
- Experience with C++ or C#
- Able to adapt and respond effectively to coding feedback
- Familiarity with Unity or similar large multi-platform engines
- Good understanding of graphics pipelines, rendering techniques and the underlying math
- Curiosity about global illumination, path tracing, and light baking
- Hunger to learn and ask questions
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Subscribe to all Engineering jobs in Denmark
Create Profile and Get Noticed