Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic Graduate Programmer to join our exceptional development team here at Frontier Developments in Cambridge. The candidate will be joining the team working on Elite Dangerous and to help the continued development of our longest standing title.
- Writing code in our proprietary Cobra game engine.
- Working as part of the coding team to deliver game features.
- Joining the team in improving each other’s code through peer review.
- Collaborating with other disciplines (such as Art and Design) to define and improve game features.
- A passion for games and game development.
- Strong problem solving and programming skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both with other programmers and non-technical disciplines.
- Have a good understanding of how to write code we can maintain in the future.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- C++ experience strongly preferred.
- Lua experience would be useful but not essential.
- Good understanding of CompSci fundamentals such as Data Structures and Algorithms.
- The ability to solve problems around usability and making game systems ‘feel’ good to the player.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed