Games Business Lead - Americas
Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our culture and growth are everything. Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you'll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will support company executives, as well as implement strategy, manage projects, and address both inward and outward-facing issues. You need to work well independently, be organized, detail-oriented, have strong logical, analytical, and relationship-building skills, and have strong project management experience. You are flexible, agile, and discreet. In addition to managing the many projects and priorities of our executive team, you will serve as a conduit and aide to Playco executives on major projects and initiatives with the purpose of best leveraging their time, reducing roadblocks, increasing impact, and accelerating progress.
- Define and simplify complex concepts and communicate them back to stakeholders.
- Control and manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and format content or presentations for internal and external communication – emails, reports, memos, presentations, letters, and other documents.
- Collaborate with management and other key partners to drive organizational priorities.
- Research and collect data, prepare documents and presentations as required for projects.
- Facilitate and oversee ongoing organizational needs and key deliverables.
- Present and work effectively with all levels of management, including influencing stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- Facilitate and drive internal and external meeting prep, including pre-reads and briefings.
- Evaluate and identify challenges and utilize resources to solve problems.
- Develop, Organize, and Execute on large complex projects. Communicate project status and provide direct assistance to ensure timely project execution.
- Partner with Management to support and drive Organizational strategy and priorities
- The organization and our executives operate in multiple time zones and on weekends. Therefore, you must be available for off-hours work, including early mornings, evenings, late nights, and weekends. Although demanding, there is a high potential to grow in this role, and at the company, as we rapidly expand.
- 5-7 years of experience in project management
- 2-3 years of experience in the gaming industry
- Experienced using business intelligence and data tools like SQL, Amplitude, and Excel
- Proficiency: in all major communication and social media tools, video conferencing platforms, and office software such as G-Suite, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Flexibility: Comfortable operating both at the board level and at the administrative and tactical level, handling whatever is required to support the executives and their projects. Must be able to manage multiple tasks under timelines and pivot when required
- Diplomacy: Success in past roles speaking truth to power and leading effectively across organizational units through influence and without direct authority. Must have keen interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and a strong sense of tact and discretion.
- Proactiveness: Ability to work autonomously, in ambiguous situations with little direction, running towards problems without being asked; solutions-oriented with strong judgment for the right course of action in any given situation.
- Highly Organized and Organizing: Must be able to react to time-sensitive matters as well as manage complex, longer-term initiatives. Solid personal organizational skills as well as the ability to support others in managing time and priorities.
- Communicator: Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to write compellingly in another person’s “voice,” and represent another’s point of view in meetings
- Flexible and Resilient: The consistent ability to remain flexible, calm under pressure, and adaptive to change as priorities shift, acting as a model for the organization at large.
- Ethical: Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Personal: credibility, emotional maturity, humility, positivity, and confidence.
Playco is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We believe that our differences are our strength and we know that diversity builds a better team.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20