With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. The team that created Divinity: Original Sin 2, PC Gamer’s Game of the Year 2017 and Metacritic’s top-rated PC game of 2017, is working on new projects and looking for new talents.
We engage our players on every level with combat, exploration, puzzles and dialogue. To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help. We want to find passionate, skillful people to join us on our next adventure and are now looking for a Gameplay Programmer for our Saint Petersburg studio.
- Work on all aspects of gameplay systems of the RPG: design, development and support;
- Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed game components;
- Work together with the UI designers on the in-game UI;
- Write robust and maintainable code;
- Be an active participant in the design and production of the game — technical side of creative team!
- 4+ years experience in C++;
- Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general;
- Open-minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature;
- Concepts as state machines, pathfinding, AI routines should be second nature;
- Ability to think like a designer to create compelling and fun game play;
- Upper-intermediate English;
- You are a team player and willing to take responsibility;
- Passion for making and playing great games;
- Excellent software design and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent software debugging skills.
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering;
- Game development experience;
- Experience with gameplay scripting;
- Experience in WPF, UI programming;
- Background in RPGs;
- Shipped game/console titles
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this job
Location: Saint Petersburg
Date posted: 2022-01-20