WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Come be part of the excitement and energy to help continue building Fortnite into one of the biggest games in the world! Epic Games is looking for experienced Engine Programmers to join Fortnite's growing Engineering team. We believe that the best experiences are driven by collaboration and iteration between optimization programmers, designers, and artists. You will play a critical role in driving future optimization features, whether it’s new items in Battle Royale, or pushing Save the World in new, exciting directions.
What You'll Do
As part of the performance and optimization team, you will be innovating and pushing the limits to deliver the best experience possible for our players. You will problem solve performance and stability, and guide developers in creating new industry leading features. Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to continue making Fortnite one of the most popular and engaging gaming experiences in the world!
In this role, you will
- Improve player experience by optimizing systems for CPU, GPU, and memory
- Monitor live client data, problem solving issues and making data analysis improvements along the way
- Deep-dive into technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
- Act as a bridge and subject matter expert between game developers and engine technology
- Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
- Experience profiling and optimizing in one or more areas of game development
- Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
- Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
- Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed