Are you excited by the idea of working on a new IP AAA game with a first party publisher? Look no further! Oxide Games is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for learning new skills, have a strong foundation in programming, and be eager to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
In this role you will…
- Work directly with the design staff to implement new gameplay features, providing any insights and improvements to the feature during development
- Be flexible in working directly with paired designers on feature sets, some who code and will want to assist in implementation, some who don’t
- Learn and understand high-level design and gameplay paradigms and industry trends
What types of education and experience do you need for this role?
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years industry experience or a Master’s degree in related field
- C++ knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Identifies as a gamer, and has a passion for PC games and gameplay paradigms
- Is a strong team player who thrives working in a collaborative environment
As a plus:
- Knowledge of any additional languages, such as C# or Python
- Is a dual major in Mathematics, or can demonstrate strong math skills particularly in statistics and probability
- Has some experience or coursework in UI design and implementation
- Has some experience or coursework in AI
- Has some experience or coursework in 3D Graphics
At Oxide you’ll get the chance to work with all members of the team, both technical and non-technical, to implement features as described. We also will expect you to make suggestions for improvements, especially suggestions that help with technical hurdles, all while working through iterations quickly. We need you to create well-documented, performance-driven code.
Oxide is a small, growing company with lots of room for career advancement, agency, and responsibility. You’ll get a chance to learn parallel computing with data-driven design patterns while working closely with designers to own and create new systems and features.
Oxide Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides all employees and applicants an environment free of discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state or local laws. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our team makes us all stronger and allows us to deliver the best games for everyone.
Country: United States