Job Title - Game UI / UX Designer
Reports Into - Creative Director
Location - Remote/Anywhere
A Little Bit About Kwalee….
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game developers and publishers, with well over 900 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. We also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
What’s In It For You?
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit-sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Are You Up To The Challenge?
As a UI/UX Designer, you have experience working with game designs and data to help make sure they both communicate and resonate with players. You’ll work closely with every department to craft new games and improve existing titles.
Your Team Mates
Our avant-garde team of UX/UI designers is determined to make games that are easy to pick up and play. They realize the value of creating simple and intuitive interfaces that break down complex information. They love solving interface problems and combining solutions with creative aesthetics.What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Working closely with designers, artists and programmers to help take the UX of a feature through from conceptualization to completion.
- Creating wireframes, functional UX prototypes
- Collaborate with the Art Leads to find the right information hierarchy and UI conventions to get information across to the user in a tone and style appropriate to each game.
- Working with the analytics department to understand the results of your work and the impact it has on player behavior.
- From paper to playable you will be able to visualize the desired UX, both in UX tools or in Unity.
- Providing feedback based on your expertise in a wide range of games.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a UI/UX design role with at least one published F2P mobile game.
- Working knowledge of the Unity engine, implementing UX designs and providing best practices for the games to follow.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent workflow visualization skills in Figma, Adobe XD or other industry standard tools.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humor, surprises, and fun.
- Positive attitude, self-driven, and able to work alone or as part of a team.
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colors, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore, and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines, and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed