We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. We believe that with the best people, we can make games that players will enjoy for years to come.
Our games have defined the idle genre, and bring enjoyment to hundreds of millions of players all around the world. This is possible due to the talented people who make us who we are. ‘Kolibris’, as we call ourselves, are on a mission to continue making great games and we're looking for new talent to join our team. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Game Systems Designer (f/m/d)
We are looking for a Game Systems Designer to work on our hit game ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’.
You will be part of the “IMT Team” working on balancing, economy management, new feature, and content creation for a game with over 220 million downloads. Identify future features for the game in an agile and fast-paced environment by developing a deep comprehension of our player’s needs and motivations using data, information from the players, and your own F2P knowledge.
- Design flexible economy systems and features (progression & reward structures, currencies, sinks & sources, etc.) aligned with the creative, game, and monetization managers.
- Work closely with the monetization team to come up with pricing strategies for items, and events.
- Create game economy simulations and evaluate their performance & their impact on player experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate your designs.
- Balance and adapt your work based on technical and production constraints, playtest results, and comments from cross-functional teams.
- Write and maintain design documentation that will serve as a reference to guide interdependent teams.
- Provide your input on in-game content and pricing, and come up with suggestions to refine designs.
- Assess the impacts of adding, removing, or updating content on player engagement.
- An undergraduate degree in Game Design, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of professional experience in design, economics, or related experience (live/online game development is a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Ability to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Player-centric mindset and a sense for great user experience
- Strong comprehension of games from a player and a business perspective
- Experience in game design for F2P mobile games
- Successfully released one or more mobile game titles
- Knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity3D, scripting) is an advantage
Kolibri Games is an equal opportunity employer. We come from 40 different countries and many different backgrounds. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, regardless of their age, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, physical appearance or disability.
We are an international studio, so don’t forget to send in your application in English. Although it is not mandatory, we always appreciate a cover letter stating your motivation to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your Benefits – We’re game to support you
Competitive Salary - We believe that top performers should receive top payment
Learning Budget - We believe in learning. A generous personal learning budget to spend on learning and development, including books, workshops and attending conferences. We also offer in-house training such as coding and German classes
Flexible Working Hours and Home Office – We believe in a good work-life balance
Equipment - State-of-the-art technical equipment, including laptops and phones, which may also be used in your free time
Health and Fitness - We pay a contribution towards a monthly gym membership or a fitness activity
Relocation - Relocation support to help you move to Berlin
Pension - Opportunity to save for your pension tax-free
Bonus Level – We love to have a good time, too
Food and Drinks - Fresh fruits to keep you healthy and fresh coffee to keep you alert. We also have a fully stocked fridge with Smoothies, Coke, Club Mate, beer etc
Parties and Team Events - Apart from our regular parties, BBQs and movie nights we also have a team event budget you can use to buy games or sports equipment to make working here even more fun
Company Holidays - Every year we go on an amazing company holiday to relax and bond as a team
Friday Celebrations - Company-provided dinner and drinks on Friday afternoons
Apply for this job
Location: Berlin, Germany
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed