Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn and Horizon Forbidden West, are looking for a Junior or Regular Programmer to join the Game Code team.
What will you do
In this role you can expect to:
- Work together with the design and animation teams to create the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- Be part of an experienced team of programmers, responsible for a wide range of gameplay features such as weapons, combat, traversal mechanics, player skills, inventory and camera; and systemic features such as the living world, quest and encounter systems;
- Work on the implementation, extension and optimization of one or more of these features.
Who you are
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Have a game programming related degree or at least 2 years of experience as a programmer in the games industry;
- Have a solid understanding of programming in C++;
- Are passionate about games and creating games;
- Enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- Like tried-and-tested methods, however you're not afraid to try something new every now and then.
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You have experience with multithreaded programming;
- You have a good understanding of 3D math;
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You have experience in areas like animation, physics, scripting, client/server multiplayer and UI.
When submitting an application, it would be great if you could provide us with the following supporting information:
- C++ code examples showing structured programming
- Preferably a demo showing off work relevant for the job.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV and a Cover/Motivation Letter; we like learning a bit about your background and your reasons for applying at Guerrilla!
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed