At Amber, we're always on the hunt for the most talented individuals in the industry to join our team. We're dedicated to delivering top-notch service to our customers and know that our employees are key to making that happen. We offer attractive compensation packages and plenty of chances to grow with us, and we're always on the lookout for ways to do things better. Our team works together towards common goals and we value each member's contributions to our mission of continuous improvement and innovation.
About the Role
As a Unity Game Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams that are involved in different stages of a game development life cycle: prototyping, full production, co-development, live ops, platform conversion etc., targeting various mobile devices through cross-platform game engines.
● Actively participate in sprint planning meetings
● Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications
● Find the best technical solution for each game development challenge
● Write code that is readable, easy to debug and maintain
● Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks
● Perform code review
● Actively seek to help your teammates
● Help the team improve the game quality by eliminating waste from the development process
● Always try to improve the way you do things
● 5+ years of mobile game development
● Proficient using Unity
● Solid knowledge of design patterns and coding architectural principle
● Experience working on FPS and memory optimizations
● Ability to debug and profile large code bases
Nice to have
● Good understanding of client-server communication
● Experience using Unit Test and Integration Test frameworks
● Experience working with rendering APIs (DirectX, Open GL, Open GLES, Metal, Vulkan)
● Good command of mobile development IDEs: XCode, Android Studio
● Experience using other game engines such as Unreal, CryEngine or proprietary C++ engines
● Team player
● Eager to improve yourself
● Passionate about game quality
● Open and honest
- A fun and dynamic industry where you can make a difference.
- Additional Days Off - according to Amber’s internal policy.
- Professional and friendly work environment.
- An attractive salary package with private medical services.
- Awesome and talented colleagues.
- Support from all your teammates.
- Access to training and learning programs
Location: Remote<span>,</span> Guadalajara, Jalisco