Game Engine Programmer - Unity/C#
Is to solve some of the hardest problems around in areas such as gameplay, game engines, distributed systems, high-performance cloud computing, and much more.
We are technology neutral and believe in well-tested, robust code. While the Improbable Multiplayer Services is game engine and platform agnostic, we do provide integrations with off-the-shelf game engines through our Unreal and Unity GDK products. Much of our platform is built in GoLang/Java, C++, TypeScript, and C#. We use Open Source technologies (such as Kubernetes, etcd, Fleet, Docker, Prometheus, gRPC) and give back to the community through open-source contributions when we can.
As a Unity / C# Game Solution Engineer at Improbable, you will help build solutions for gameplay and game engine systems to directly support multiple games. You will also be working on our Unity GDK product to accelerate the development of its feature set and align the roadmap with our partners' projects. There is a broad range of challenging and interesting projects to work on. Similarly, we welcome diverse engineering backgrounds and want you to be able to support a variety of roles across all our teams.
Areas of Impact:
- You will be responsible for the implementation of custom gameplay and game engine solutions in Unity and C# that empowers our partners to realize their visions and aspirations.
- You will collaborate with internal and partner teams to develop features for the Unity GDK and deliver technical services.
- You will establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches
- You’ll evaluate how different gameplay and game engine solutions impact aspects of game design and propose the right solution for our partner’s needs
- You will be responsible for researching potential solutions to technical challenges and improvements to our products.
- You will participate in general debugging of both our products and our partners’ games
- You will be responsible for working with our partners to establish and adopt best practices around testing and performance monitoring
- You collaborate with the Account Manager in every step of the production cycle by understanding the technical challenges and identifying risks to partner project execution, internally escalating any concerns.
- You’ll regularly meet (as deemed necessary) with the partner and keep a track of their progress and help them to implement their required solution.
- You’ll work with the Account Manager to set up and manage retrospective meetings both internally, and externally with partners after regular milestones, continuously improving the team’s development process.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You will utilize your experience in Unity and C# to architecture and implement custom gameplay and game engine solutions that enable our partners to leverage the Unity GDK product to create state-of-the-art experiences.
- You will utilize your understanding of C# and Unity to contribute to our Unity GDK plugin, expanding and allowing access to the SpatialOS Tech in a fashion that meshes well with Unity developer workflows and ecosystem.
- You will leverage your experience and pragmatism to help find the best architecture and implementation of solutions for leveraging the Unity GDK product for our partners’ games.
- You will use your experience to help solve any performance and optimizations within both our partners and our product's codebases, to enable scalable and smooth gameplay experiences.
- You will use your strong communication and customer focussed skills to effectively interact with internal and external partner game teams to identify the technical requirements and create alignment around the direction of the technical architecture.
- Your knowledge and passion for game development will enable you to understand the customer's needs and experience.
- Your troubleshooting and debugging skills will allow you to unravel complicated customer problems and negotiate dependencies that match our partners’ needs.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Date posted: 2022-01-20