PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fuelled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform. In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
For our studio in Utrecht, Netherlands, we are looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Game Director that can support our content creation teams in our studio.
Our projects are a collaboration between multiple studios, driven from our partner studio in the US. The Game Director will work together with stake-holders at our partner studios as well as in partnership with the Art Director in-house, to create and guide the consistency in game direction of the project.
What we are looking for:
- Work closely with the other stakeholders in our partner studios to ensure the consistency of the projects overall game design.
- Take responsibility of the game direction within our studio and shepherd its implementation across the entire development process.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to understand the art direction and effectively convey it in the overall game direction.
- Collaborate with our design lead to help outline and define the overall game direction into gameplay elements.
- You have at least 9 years of previous experience in the games industry or a related industry
- Significant experience with game design.
- You have a pragmatic, hands-on problem-solving mentality.
- You work well in an environment with deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to make critical decisions under high pressure.
- Perfect knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Understanding of best practices for creating high quality gameplay experiences.
- Highly skilled in analyzing and prioritizing accordingly.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Maintains reliable data integrity.
- Maintains and displays a “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be ethical and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Excellent creative mind.
- Open-mindedness and ability to create consensus.
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed